Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Bad Mommy/ Bad Pastor Day

Ever have one of those days when you wish you could get a do-over?

Today I was a bad mommy AND a bad pastor, too. I spoke too quickly, judged too harshly, over reacted. I talked more than I listened. I regretted my behavior almost immediately, but felt too hurt and angry to ask for forgiveness or make amends.

So, I'm human, right? I was tired and fed up, and I have bad days like everyone else. But it still doesn't feel good.

A couple of weeks ago in my pregnancy yoga class one of the women confessed that her biggest anxiety about having a baby was whether or not she would be a good parent. I told her, "some days you won't be a good parent. But many other days you will. And your child will forgive you." Another woman in the class likened it to being a teacher (which they both were) and that sometimes you have good teacher days--other days not so good. But the kids get over it.

Everyone has those days when they need a little extra grace. Today was one of those days for me. Thank God for grace and forgiveness.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you hugs!